In Kano: Court refuses bail to 2 women for allegedly brutalising toddler

Two women have been denied bail in an alleged brutalising charge

Two women suspected to have brutalised a 2-year-old child in Kano earlier in the year have been denied bail by a Magistrate court.

A Kano Magistrates’ Court sitting in Noman’s land again on Thursday refuses to grant bail to the two suspects who allegedly brutalised two-year-old minor in Kano on May 10, 2016.

Chief Magistrate Maryam Sabo, in her ruling, ordered that the two suspects Hafsatu Musa, 35, and Zainab Murtala, 20, be remanded in prison custody.

Sabo ordered the prosecutor to send back the case diary to the Kano State criminal investigation department for further investigation.

She said there was need for the police to produce the medical treatment report of the victim after undergoing treatment.

The magistrate said the case diary was incomplete without the medical report.

She ordered the prosecutor to make sure the police completed their investigation within one month as well as obtain the legal advice.

Sabo adjourned the case to October 10. 2016 for mention.

The accused persons were charged with criminal conspiracy and attempt to commit culpable homicide, contrary to sections 248 and 229 of the Penal Code.

The Prosecutor, Insp. Shuaibu Musa, had told the court that Hafsatu and Zainab all of Rimin Gado Village on May 10, conspired and broke the two hands and one of the legs of the minor.

Musa said the minor was under the custody of his grandmother Hafsatu, when the accused committed the offence.

source

You may also like...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *