The new pro Biafra group in a statement signed by its National Director of Publicity, Ikemba Biafra, listed Prof. Wole Soyinka, Prof. Jerry Gana, Chief Ikedi Ohakim amongst other prominent personalities to lead its negotiation with the Federal Government.
RE-IPOB described the new leader as a true son of Biafra who believes in the cause and dignity of Biafrans.
Below is the full statement:
INFORMATION TO THE WORLD ON THE NEW LEADER OF RE-IPOB.
1 On behalf of the High Command of the REFORMED INDIGENOUS PEOPLE OF BIAFRA, we hereby wish to inform the World that a new leader of our organisation has emerged.
2. His name is Jonathan Kurubo from Igbogene in Bayelsa state.
3. Jonathan Kurubo is a true son of Biafra and a dyed in the wood believer in the dignity and intergrity of the Biafran people and cause.
4. He is a graduate of several local and international Universities with versatile knowledge of Internationla relations , Military and strategic studies.
5. He will pilot the affairs of the RE-IPOB from now until we either achieve Biafra or if the Federal government is serious, a Dialogue is achieved.
6. We call on all Biafrans supporters within and outside Nigeria to fully support this new leadership .
7 Also we hereby name the list of possible Elders of Biafra who can negotiate for us if the federal government is serious to Dialogue with us.
8 They are as follows;
a Dr Arthur Nwankwo
b Dr kenneth Opigo
c Dr Okey Emordi
c Barr Uche Okwukwu
d Obong Victor Attah
e Prof Nwankwo Nwaezeigwe
f Chief Bassey Akpan
g Prof Mrs Uche Azikiwe
h Prof Wole Soyinka
i Uchenna Madu
j Prof Jerry Gana
k Chief Ikedi Ohakim
l A representative of the Ohanaeze Ndigbo Youth Council
A representative of Umuada Igbo
ARCH. Bishop Emmanuel Chukwuma who is expected to lead the Delegation
8. We warn that we are not negotiating out of fear and the federal government should return our goodwill and readiness for talks wih honesty and sincerity.
9. We warn again that security agents should stop molesting our members or killing them as our security arm OGBUNIGWE is ready to protect our people.
10 Nnamdi Kanu should henceforth not issue any statement on behalf of Biafra in his own interest.
NATIONAL DIRECTOR OF PUBLICITY OF REIPOB