Police Block BBOG From Entering Presidential Villa (Photos)

Members of the Bring Back Our Girls (BBOG) movement were blocked from gaining access to the presidential villa on Monday by security agents as the group ramped up its advocacy for the release of the abducted Chibok girls.

Oby Ezekwesili, leader of the group, engaged a police officer who said he had orders not to allow the group gain access to the villa.


She said it was not right for the group to be denied access to see President Muhammadu Buhari because they had followed all protocols.

The group further said the comment credited to Sidiq Abubakar, the chief of air staff, saying the video clip recently released by Boko Haram was “technically deficient” shows government’s lack of transparency and truthful in its fight against the insurgency.

The clip showed some girls believed to have been abducted from Chibok.

The Bring Back Our Girls group announced last week that it was embarking on a “series of activities to compel decisive action from our government and the global community.” It said it will organise “several marches to the Presidency, media interactions, and engagements with critical stakeholders such as Governments, International Organizations, Statesmen and Influencers.”

“Critical areas to be covered during this period of engagement are our ‪#‎ChibokGirls‬, the humanitarian crisis in the North East, corruption in the disbursement of relief materials to IDPs, and the arms deal saga,” the statement said.


You may also like...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *