Chief of Army Staff ( COAS), Lt. General Tukur Buratai on Saturday said that there was no going back on the rescue mission irrespective of any call by Nigerians to dialogue with the rampaging insurgents in the North East of the country.
This was even as he added that over 20,000 persons abducted by the Boko Haram insurgency have been rescued by the military.
Speaking in an interview with journalists shortly after commissioning Nigerian Army Officers Wife Association (NAOWA) Day Care, Nursery and primary school at Ribadu Cantonment, Kaduna, Lt. Buratai said the move by Federal arm of government to negotiate with the insurgents will not stop the military’s rescue operations.
He appealed to anybody with useful information that could boost the rescue operations to volunteer such information to the military.
“We have so far rescued over 20000 abducted persons, and we are still rescuing more and we will continue to do that.
“We will continue to carry out our rescue operations, this rescue is ongoing, as far as the Army, and indeed the military is concerned, we will continue to play our own part.
“The negotiation is left for appropriate arm of government, but we are looking for any information to rescue anybody that is being held hostage,” he said.
The Army Boss had earlier visited the headquarters of One Division, Nigerian Army, Kaduna where he had a closed door meeting with officers and men of the division.