Let’s take a look at the 8 signs that you are most definitely in the “Friend Zone”.
1) Addresses you as a ‘friend’. Both of you may spend all day together every day, yet the way she introduces you to her parents or her friends is a huge sign of her thoughts about you on a romantic level. Any introductions like “Matt is such a good friend” or “I absolutely LOVE John, he is my bestie”, and you should probably accept your fate in the Friend Zone.
2) She avoids being seen with you. While out, she avoids being seen with you so people don’t get the wrong idea. Maybe you’re wondering to yourself why you see so much of her throughout the day, but never at night. She is always busy when you ask her to the mall, or to grab a bite to eat.
But the next day in class or at work, she is Miss Chatty Box with you again. At least you know, she’s yours only till it’s time to leave for the day.
3) She talks about her hookups. Possibly the worst part of being in the Friend Zone, is having to hear all about the other men she is totally digging, while you are not one of them. Knowing these guys aren’t right for her (obviously you should be the one with her) doesn’t matter, because she can’t see past the nice car, that ripped body, or that gorgeous smile.
4) She needs your advice. She asks for tips on what guys are looking for in a woman. She isn’t asking that to woo you, I can promise you that. She clearly has her eyes on another guy, and is wondering how to make him notice her. But if you want to keep telling yourself she’s talking about you, go ahead, whatever helps you sleep at night!
5) Sharing a bed. You have shared a bed with this person and yet, did not take part in any type of physical activity. You finally get her alone in your room and she is “too tired” or “so exhausted from the long day” and wants to head right to bed. If you are bold, try and initiate something once both of you get into bed, but you are mostly likely looking at a much more direct rejection taking place within the next few seconds!
6) She tries to set you up with her friends. If she is constantly tell you how perfect you are for this friend or that friend, what she really is trying to say is you are not perfect for HER!
7) You’re her shoulder. The worst way to realize you are most definitely in the Friend Zone is when you end up consoling her each time she has a breakup. Right after every breakup, who is the person she comes crying to? The person who she wants to sit on a couch with, share a gallon bucket of ice cream while crying the whole time wondering where things went wrong?
8) You always end up doing favors for her. You remember the last time you covered for her during work? Traded shifts? Helped her study for her final exam at the expense of your own studying? Giving her rides from place to place without being invited to these places. Wake up, man, wake up!